Thursday, February 7, 2008

February 7, 2008


This is generally the quietest week of the month, and I look forward to it. Actually, that's a gross understatement -- I depend on it. It's the only time I really sleep well, the only time I can take the kids to the park or wherever without getting jumpy, and the anticipation of it keeps me going the rest of the month. You can imagine my irritation, therefore, with the neighbors in the apartment across the courtyard from us, who are currently disrupting my opportunities for sound slumber with a loud gathering of nimrods. Nimrods with highly questionable taste in music, by the way. Most annoyingly of all, John is somehow sleeping right through the whole thing. And snoring. I will be formally declaring a blood feud with all of them in the morning.

No comments: